That Sound !!!! Mercedes C63 AMG P30 Performance pack
This C63 will make you smile when you start the car. If you into cars off course. I can think of some peopl that not really enjoy this Monster. But for this is the perfect weekend toy.
The W204 C63 is build from 2008-2014 for the sedan. The coupe and estate where available from 2011-2015. The car is powered by a 6208cc v8. Dual overhead camshafts and variable valve timing on intake and exhaust. Compression ratio is 11.3-1. power output 457HP @6800RPM 600NM @5000rpm and more the 400nm available above 2000rpm so it is a very easy driving car also at low speeds. Also the 7 speed 722.9 gearbox will make this much easier. 0-100kph should be possible in 4,4 sec
The gearbox has 3 settings C, S, M C is normal driving with early up shift and downshifts. S mode will give 30% faster shifting an M 50% faster. Also will it rev match on downshifts.
There where special packages available during the production period P30 from 2009-2010 after that P31
Performance package P30
Package (Bestellcode P30) 2009-2010
– AMG Hinterachssperrdifferential
– AMG Hochleistungsverbundbremsanalge vorne
– AMG Performance Fahrwerk (sehr hart, wie Kettcar fahren)
– AMG Performance Lenkrad in Leder/Alcantaraausführung and
Speedlimiter raised from 155mph to 174mph
Development package p31
-Package P31 adds up 30HP 0.1 sec faster 0-100
-lightweight forged crankshaft , rods and pistons ( rumored from SLS AMG)
-bigger 2 piece brake rotors in the front also red painted
-carbon fiber front lip
-the LSD diff is optional on the P31 model
The M156 engine has also some weak points. Most of these things need to be fixed are updated
The headbolt problems that can crack in 2009-2010 model
Cam adjuster failure . see video
Camshaft and hydraulic lifter damage
crankcase breather valve can fail due to cracks and aging.
A pretty complete list of engine problems and most common can be found in this link to FCP EURO or below
These are things that can be fixed and should not hold you back from buying a C63 because these cars are really awesome. and this Era from big NA engine’s will not come back so this will be a classic. for sure. this is just a pocket monster. with a very cool sound out if the big 6.2 ltr v8
This Mercedes-Benz C63 P30 performance pack is for sale @ Henk grooten. Henkgrooten.nl
if there are any questions about this car just ask
Common Issues of the Mercedes-Benz M156 Engine:
- Crankcase Breather Valve – The crankcase breather valve fails in two main ways. The first and most common is that the diaphragm on the valve itself deteriorates. The other failure method is that the hose from the crankcase to the valve becomes brittle and develops cracks. Deterioration of this assembly leads to increased burning of oil, misfires, and heavy smoke from the tailpipe.It is common to have a fault code (P0170) that is for fuel trim.
A general maintenance interval for your crankcase breather valve is right around 60,000 miles.
To replace your crankcase breather valve, it’s necessary to remove your intake manifold in tighter engine bays such as the C63. This job should be able to be carried out in about thirty minutes. Although some use this opportunity to install an oil catch can system, we do not see many of these vehicles suffering from excessive oil in the manifold or sludge behind the intake valves.
We have an affordable kit that addresses all of the components you will need to replace when replacing your crankcase breather valve.
- Oil Leaks – The most common source of oil leaks on the M156 are the valve cover gaskets, camshaft solenoid cover gaskets, and oil filter housing gaskets. Valve cover and camshaft solenoid cover gaskets should be replaced concurrently. If these oil leaks are left unattended, they will damage peripheral components such as the alternator, drive belt pulleys, drive belt, air conditioning compressor, and transmission cooling hoses to name a few.
- Camshaft Adjusters – When the camshaft adjusters no longer hold hydraulic pressure, it will manifest itself first as a noise typically at cold start and progress to noise at any engine RPM cold or at operating temperature. This camshaft adjuster rattle is most prevalent on the intake camshaft adjusters and is observed mostly on engine startup.
- Drive Belt Pulleys – All of the pulleys on the Mercedes-Benz AMG M156 engine are a plastic design with a pressed on bearing. Although idler pulley failure is common across most Mercedes-Benz platforms, we recommend checking pulleys for failure symptoms at each oil-change interval. Pulley failure will damage the drive belt, and when that happens, the belt typically damages the coolant breather port on the thermostat. If you let that happen, you will have to replace a thermostat, and thermostat breather line in addition to the drive belt components.
- Cylinder Head Bolts – Most Mercedes-Benz AMG M156 equipped models (up to model year 2012) have cylinder head bolts that have the propensity to break,allowing coolant to enter the combustion chamber. Early warning signs include a low coolant light, misfires, and a check engine lamp. We recommend all engines equipped with the older design bolts be updated. The cutoff for engines not affected by this design flaw is serial number 60-060658.
- Camshaft and Hydraulic Lifters – Camshaft replacement should be considered a regular maintenance task as most camshafts show wear failures around 100,000 miles. Wear occurs most commonly on the left and right intake camshafts and if left unattended, the cam lobe will eat through the hydraulic lifter. Frequent oil changes, using the correct oil viscosity for your climate, and including an anti-wear additive with oil changes are all measures we recommend to protect your engine. Additionally, higher mileage engines should have their oil sent out for analysis periodically or the valve covers should be removed and camshaft lobes inspected for signs of wear.
- Intake Manifold Failure – The intake manifold on the M156 is constructed of a cast magnesium alloy, contains an adjustable length runner assembly, and houses the engine’s twin throttle bodies. The center mounting plate that houses the throttle bodies deteriorate causing rough running particularly at idle.
- Mercedes-Benz AMG M156 Intake Manifold
- Since the intake manifold is quite expensive and often back-ordered, there is an aftermarket option available that just replaces the center-plate.